* Looking for help
@ 2003-10-25 14:23 Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2003-10-25 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  This is one last attempt at catching someone attention at one bug I
  need to get fixed in Emacs 21.3 (we need to fix it for the upcoming
  Debian sarge release).

  The bug is described there: http://bugs.debian.org/194171

  The problem deals with a file not recovered after cancelling
  changes.  I tried hard to look into the sources but I have no
  knowledge of Emacs internals.

  Could someone please help tracking this down?

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards,

--
Jérôme Marant

* Re: Looking for help
@ 2003-10-26 18:33 ` Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2003-10-26 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

jmarant@free.fr (Jérôme Marant) writes:

> Hi,
>
>   This is one last attempt at catching someone attention at one bug I
>   need to get fixed in Emacs 21.3 (we need to fix it for the upcoming
>   Debian sarge release).
>
>   The bug is described there: http://bugs.debian.org/194171
>
>   The problem deals with a file not recovered after cancelling
>   changes.  I tried hard to look into the sources but I have no
>   knowledge of Emacs internals.
>
>   Could someone please help tracking this down?

I spent some more time on the bug and found the fix:

lisp/files.el revision 1.597

It has never made its way into EMACS_21_1_RC although
commited in July 2002.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant