* Tabs And EWW: Perhaps Mimic browse-url-new-window-flag
@ 2019-10-17 14:01 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2019-10-17 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

So this is what I had done to have EWW open pages in a new window:
customize
browse-url-new-window-flag

Perhaps we should create a similar browse-url-new-tab-flag rather than
hard-wiring the creation of a new tab if tab-bar-mode is enabled when
running EWW?

* Re: Tabs And EWW: Perhaps Mimic browse-url-new-window-flag
@ 2019-10-17 22:16 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2019-10-17 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman via Emacs development discussions.; +Cc: T.V Raman

> So this is what I had done to have EWW open pages in a new window:
> customize
> browse-url-new-window-flag
>
> Perhaps we should create a similar browse-url-new-tab-flag rather than
> hard-wiring the creation of a new tab if tab-bar-mode is enabled when
> running EWW?

Yes, we already have the corresponding patch in bug#37592
that adds a new option eww-browse-url-new-window-is-tab.
I could install it now.

* Re: Tabs And EWW: Perhaps Mimic browse-url-new-window-flag
@ 2019-10-19 12:34   ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2019-10-19 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Linkov; +Cc: T.V Raman via Emacs development discussions.

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

Did this patch/fix not make it in yet?
eww-browse-url-new-window-is-tab doesn't show up in my emacs built from
Git

@ 2019-10-19 22:41     ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2019-10-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: T.V Raman via Emacs development discussions.

> Did this patch/fix not make it in yet?
> eww-browse-url-new-window-is-tab doesn't show up in my emacs built from
> Git

Now eww-browse-url-new-window-is-tab is added.
It's enabled by default, so please customize it to nil.