* NEWS in 25.2
@ 2015-12-27  5:59 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-27  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Wasn't the NEWS file in the trunk supposed to be truncated when the
Emacs 25.1 branch was started?  It looks awfully long to be documenting
changes from the previous release (i.e., 25.1)...

* Re: NEWS in 25.2
@ 2015-12-27 15:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-27 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 06:59:15 +0100
>
> Wasn't the NEWS file in the trunk supposed to be truncated when the
> Emacs 25.1 branch was started?

No.  We only do that (by starting a new NEWS file) when we are about
to release a new major version.

> It looks awfully long to be documenting changes from the previous
> release (i.e., 25.1)...

Similar to what you will see in NEWS.24 for 24.x releases.