* when-let, if-let in elisp texinfo  manual?
@ 2021-06-27 14:41 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-06-27 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

when-let, if-let from subr-x dont appear to be documented in the
texinfo manual; should they be?

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: when-let, if-let in elisp texinfo  manual?
@ 2021-06-27 15:34 ` Basil L. Contovounesios
From: Basil L. Contovounesios @ 2021-06-27 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> when-let, if-let from subr-x dont appear to be documented in the
> texinfo manual; should they be?

It used to be the case that subr-x functions were deliberately not
documented in the manual:

https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg00994.html
https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2019-04/msg01222.html

A few seem to have snuck in since then:

- string-clean-whitespace
- string-fill
- string-limit
- string-lines
- string-pad
- string-chop-newline
- replace-region-contents

Yet the manual makes no mention of subr-x as a non-preloaded library
(though some definitions like if-let and when-let are now autoloaded).

So a bit more consistency would indeed be nice, e.g. via autoloading all
definitions documented in the manual, trimming recently added but less
important subr-x definitions from the manual, etc.

--
Basil