* Key sequence for DEVANAGARI DOUBLE DANDA
@ 2023-08-19 12:36 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2023-08-19 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development; +Cc: lumarzeli30

In the Devanagari script, two symbols are frequently used in prose:

। - DEVANAGARI DANDA
॥ - DEVANAGARI DOUBLE DANDA

With the devanagari-inscript input method, the '>' key produces the
DEVANAGARI DANDA. For convenience, could we introduce a key sequence
where pressing '>' twice consecutively produces the DEVANAGARI DOUBLE
DANDA?

To my knowledge, there's no legitimate use of two consecutive DEVANAGARI
DANDAs in the script, so this change should not introduce conflicts.

I'm copying Sameer for his insights and assistance, given his experience
with Indian scripts.