* [jidanni@jidanni.org: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page]
@ 2006-09-25  3:17 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-09-25  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can someone please fix this, then ack?

From: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:04:46 +0800
Subject: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page
	autolearn=no version=3.0.4

The udev man page has a passage,

       The following keys can get values assigned:

       NAME
          The name of the node to be created, or the name the network interface

whereupon Man Narrow mode thinks it found a new page and one needs M-n
to get to the rest of the page.

* [jidanni@jidanni.org: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page]
@ 2006-10-01 22:25 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-10-01 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

[I sent this message a weeks ago but did not get a response.]

Can someone please fix this, then ack?

From: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:04:46 +0800

* Re: [jidanni@jidanni.org: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page]
@ 2006-10-02 14:20 ` Yidong Chong
From: Yidong Chong @ 2006-10-02 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Quoting Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>:

> Can someone please fix this, then ack?

I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.  M-x man RET udev RET
displays the
entire udev manpage, with no anomalies.  I can't seem to find the Man Narrow
mode referred to in the message in the Emacs source tree.

Please give a precise testcase if you want this worked on.

@ 2006-10-02 21:11   ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2006-10-02 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yidong Chong <cyd@MIT.EDU> writes:

> I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.

Happens for me, with udev version 0.098-2.

Looks like Man-first-heading-regexp allows whitespace before NAME.
Could that occur when man prints to a tty (I'm guessing it might put
some left margin when going to a line printer)?

* Re: [jidanni@jidanni.org: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page]
@ 2006-10-02 21:37     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-10-02 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> writes:

>> I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.
>
> Happens for me, with udev version 0.098-2.
>
> Looks like Man-first-heading-regexp allows whitespace before NAME.
> Could that occur when man prints to a tty (I'm guessing it might put
> some left margin when going to a line printer)?

Can you send a precise recipe?  What I do is

emacs -q
M-x man RET udev RET
C-x o
n n n n n n   or   C-n repeatedly

This scrolls through the udev manpage, reaching the botton without any
trouble.

* Re: [jidanni@jidanni.org: Man-next-manpage needed to see bottom of udev man page]
@ 2006-10-02 22:42       ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2006-10-02 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> emacs -q
> M-x man RET udev RET
> C-x o
> n n n n n n   or   C-n repeatedly

Yes, that's enough (though I did emacs -Q).

> This scrolls through the udev manpage, reaching the botton without any
> trouble.

C-n or C-v stop at

	The following keys can get values assigned:

and you have to do M-n to see the next page.  It probably happens on
any page with a ".TP NAME" in a list.