* Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-09 14:26 Susan Cragin
From: Susan Cragin @ 2012-04-09 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to have all at-spi functionality available in EMACS.
Currently some at-spi functionality works and some does not.
While I realize that some of that functionality seems to serve little purpose right now, I believe it would facilitate the development of applications that can use it.
In particular, I would like to be able to have text transferable through at-spi, like it is now in gedit. So in theory I could put text into that kind of a buffer, from another application, and have it land in EMACS.
I would like it present in the default install, but if this is a problem an add-on would be acceptable.
Susan Cragin

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-09 16:35 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-04-09 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susan Cragin; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I would like to have all at-spi functionality available in Emacs.

It would be good, yes.  Patches welcome,

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-09 17:59   ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-04-09 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Susan Cragin, emacs-devel

>> I would like to have all at-spi functionality available in Emacs.
>
> It would be good, yes.  Patches welcome,

For at-spi2, there seems to exist a D-Bus spec. I'm not familar with
at-spi, so I don't know whether it is sufficient for Emacs to implement
at-spi via D-Bus.

In case of yes, I could help with such an implementation. Sounds interesting.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-10  1:11 Susan Cragin
From: Susan Cragin @ 2012-04-10  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus, Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-10  9:11 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-04-10  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susan Cragin; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Susan Cragin <susancragin@earthlink.net> writes:

> This purports to give some.
> http://delysid.org/atspi.el
>
> The developer, Mario Lang, sent me the following explanation.
> atspi2.el is a client library for AT-SPI2 written in Emacs-Lisp.
> It is meant to write a screen reader, or similar,
> in Emacs Lisp.  However, it does not do any toolkit bridge tasks, so
> what you are looking for is not implemented/handled in atspi2.el.

At least it could be a starter. However, it seems to be a little bit
old; its copyright is from 2009, and it does not mention the
"org.a11y.*" D-Bus interfaces from at-spi2.

I will contact Mario about his future plans.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-10 12:50 Susan Cragin
From: Susan Cragin @ 2012-04-10 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Good tool to test for it:
accersiser

* Re: Would like complete at-spi functionality, as in gedit
@ 2012-04-10 13:19 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-04-10 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susan Cragin; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

> Good tool to test for it: