* Can't build trunk - LIBGNUTLS_LIBS (src/Makefile) now expands to null string
@ 2013-10-11 18:28 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2013-10-11 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs.

I "haven't changed anything".  Yet, in the trunk, just updated, my make
bootstrap fails at link time.  There are lots of undefined references to
gnutls_*.

Further investigation shows that in .../src/Makefile, LIBGNUTLS_LIBS has
become the emptry string, whereas in Emacs 24.3, it expanded to
"-lgnutls".  This seems likely to be a symptom of the error.

Please help me get this sorted out.

Thanks!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: Can't build trunk - LIBGNUTLS_LIBS (src/Makefile) now expands to null string
@ 2013-10-11 20:44 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-10-11 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Further investigation shows that in .../src/Makefile, LIBGNUTLS_LIBS has
> become the emptry string, whereas in Emacs 24.3, it expanded to
> "-lgnutls".  This seems likely to be a symptom of the error.

I fixed it a few minutes ago,

* Re: Can't build trunk - LIBGNUTLS_LIBS (src/Makefile) now expands to null string
@ 2013-10-11 21:23   ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2013-10-11 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi, Stefan.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 04:44:36PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Further investigation shows that in .../src/Makefile, LIBGNUTLS_LIBS has
> > become the emptry string, whereas in Emacs 24.3, it expanded to
> > "-lgnutls".  This seems likely to be a symptom of the error.

> I fixed it a few minutes ago,

It works, now.  Thanks!

--

@ 2013-10-12 21:13     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-10-12 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:23:12 +0000 Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:

AM> Hi, Stefan.
AM> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 04:44:36PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> > Further investigation shows that in .../src/Makefile, LIBGNUTLS_LIBS has
>> > become the emptry string, whereas in Emacs 24.3, it expanded to
>> > "-lgnutls".  This seems likely to be a symptom of the error.

>> I fixed it a few minutes ago,

AM> It works, now.  Thanks!

Thank you both for resolving this!

Ted