* [ELPA] New package: pdf-view-pagemark
@ 2023-05-08 12:43 Jijun Ma
From: Jijun Ma @ 2023-05-08 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Hello,

Because pdf-tools cannot scroll continuously between two pages. The remaining of a page will be partial.
pdf-view-pagemark is used together with pdf-tools to indicate the remaining of a partial page.

URL of the package: https://github.com/kimim/pdf-view-pagemark

Thanks.

* Re: [ELPA] New package: pdf-view-pagemark
@ 2023-05-08 20:23 ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2023-05-08 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jijun Ma; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Jijun Ma <jijun.ma@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Because pdf-tools cannot scroll continuously between two pages. The remaining of a page will be partial.
> pdf-view-pagemark is used together with pdf-tools to indicate the remaining of a partial page.

Are you proposing this for GNU ELPA or NonGNU ELPA?  Also, have
attempted to merge this into the actual package, before creating a
separate package?

@ 2023-05-08 21:30   ` Jijun Ma
From: Jijun Ma @ 2023-05-08 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Hello Philip

It is a new package. Could you put it to GNU elpa? Thanks.

Holen Sie sich Outlook für iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________

@ 2023-05-09  8:46     ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2023-05-09  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jijun Ma; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Jijun Ma <jijun.ma@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello Philip
>
> It is a new package. Could you put it to GNU elpa? Thanks.

i got that, I am just asking if it wouldn't be better to contribute your
code upstream?  I don't use pdf-tools, so I don't know if there is a
reason that all users wouldn't be interested in this code.

Otherwise, we can do so.  Have you signed the FSF CA?

@ 2023-05-09  8:49       ` Jijun Ma
From: Jijun Ma @ 2023-05-09  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

That's a feature not strongly part of pdf-tools, better to be an extension.
I've not signed FSF CA yet. How can I sign?

@ 2023-05-10  6:42         ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2023-05-10  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jijun Ma; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, 'Eli Zaretskii'

Jijun Ma <jijun.ma@hotmail.com> writes:

> That's a feature not strongly part of pdf-tools, better to be an extension.
> I've not signed FSF CA yet. How can I sign?

I don't have a copy of the form, Eli can send them to you.

@ 2023-05-10 11:25           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-05-10 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: jijun.ma, emacs-devel

> From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>, "'Eli Zaretskii'"
>  <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 06:42:49 +0000
>
> Jijun Ma <jijun.ma@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > That's a feature not strongly part of pdf-tools, better to be an extension.
> > I've not signed FSF CA yet. How can I sign?
>
> I don't have a copy of the form, Eli can send them to you.

Form sent off-list.

* RE: [ELPA] New package: pdf-view-pagemark
@ 2023-05-10 22:10             ` Jijun Ma
From: Jijun Ma @ 2023-05-10 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Thanks!
Now I've signed the FSF CA.

@ 2023-05-12  5:52               ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2023-05-12  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jijun Ma; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Jijun Ma <jijun.ma@hotmail.com> writes:

> Thanks!
> Now I've signed the FSF CA.

While this is being proceed, I'd like question why you think that this
your package is better distributed separately?  Taking a look at the
code, modulo user options, helper functions and other decoration the
main functionality boils down to a single function.  Is it really worth
the maintainer-overhead to distribute this separately?  Have you
communicated with the upstream developers on the matter?