* the `button' face
@ 2011-07-05 14:47 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2011-07-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

*Help* buffers use the `button' face to display clickable links, it is
underlined and uses the default foreground.
The web has pretty much standardized on links using underline and blue
foreground.

Can we do the same?  It could be done by making `button' inhering from
`link'...

This has been discussed in the past, but nothing has happened...

Can we fix this for 24.1?

* Re: the `button' face
@ 2011-07-05 20:45 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-07-05 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org> writes:

> *Help* buffers use the `button' face to display clickable links, it is
> underlined and uses the default foreground.
> The web has pretty much standardized on links using underline and blue
> foreground.
>
> Can we do the same?  It could be done by making `button' inhering from
> `link'...
>
> This has been discussed in the past, but nothing has happened...
>
> Can we fix this for 24.1?

Yes, I've been meaning to do this for a while.  Change committed to
trunk.

* Re: the `button' face
@ 2011-07-08 15:04   ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2011-07-08 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> *Help* buffers use the `button' face to display clickable links, it is
>> underlined and uses the default foreground.
>> The web has pretty much standardized on links using underline and blue
>> foreground.
>>
>> Can we do the same?  It could be done by making `button' inhering from
>> `link'...
>>
>> This has been discussed in the past, but nothing has happened...
>>
>> Can we fix this for 24.1?
>
> Yes, I've been meaning to do this for a while.  Change committed to
> trunk.

Thanks!
BTW, this also makes a long time inconsistency go away: links in
M-x info, *Help* and M-x man now all look the same, they did not before
this change.