* Globbing in completion
@ 2013-03-25  1:04 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2013-03-25  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello!

In emacs -Q, eval

  (require 'bytecomp) ; just for the defvar

Now

   C-h v *compil*warn* TAB TAB

I would expect "byte-compile-warnings" among the matches, but that's not
the case.  Same with "*compil-warn*".  Why?

Thanks,

Michael.

* Re: Globbing in completion
@ 2013-03-25 14:19 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-03-25 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>   (require 'bytecomp) ; just for the defvar
> Now
>    C-h v *compil*warn* TAB TAB
>
> I would expect "byte-compile-warnings" among the matches, but that's not
> the case.

Indeed, that looks like a bug.  For some reason "*compil*warn*" gets
completed (after the first TAB) to "byte-compile-*-warn" rather than to
"byte-compile*-warn".  Please make it a bug report, so we have
a bug-number to track it.

> Same with "*compil-warn*".  Why?

OTOH for "*compil-warn*", I do get byte-compile-warnings in the list.

* Re: Globbing in completion
@ 2013-03-26 22:43   ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2013-03-26 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: emacs-devel

> >   (require 'bytecomp) ; just for the defvar
> > Now
> >    C-h v *compil*warn* TAB TAB
> >
> > I would expect "byte-compile-warnings" among the matches, but that's not
> > the case.
>
> Indeed, that looks like a bug.  For some reason "*compil*warn*" gets
> completed (after the first TAB) to "byte-compile-*-warn" rather than to
> "byte-compile*-warn".  Please make it a bug report, so we have
> a bug-number to track it.

Done - bug#14061.

> > Same with "*compil-warn*".  Why?
>
> OTOH for "*compil-warn*", I do get byte-compile-warnings in the list.

Right - sorry, my mistake.

Michael.