* Re: master e089c31: Add `gnus-collect-urls-primary-text'
       [not found] ` <20190724204442.3F05420C06@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2019-07-25  9:45   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-07-25  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Sam Steingold

sds@gnu.org (Sam Steingold) writes:

> +(defcustom gnus-collect-urls-primary-text "Link"
> +  "The widget text for the default link in `gnus-summary-browse-url'."
> +  :version "27.1"
> +  :type 'string
> +  :group 'gnus-article-various)

If we want to provide customisation for this, I don't think this is the
right way to do it.  It's not very extendable.  It could be a regexp
instead, or even better -- a function that would return the "rank" of a
link, and you'd have a function that would be to return 1 for "Link" and
0 for the rest, and then they'd be sorted based on that rank.

But I think the default should be to have them in the displayed order,
because that's less confusing.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-25  9:45 UTC | newest]