* 23.0.60; Dired remote creates local directory through the menus
@ 2008-03-30  1:03 Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-30  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

If you open a remote directory in dired and try to create a directory
through the menus

   Immediate
     Create Directory

a local directory will be created. However if you use the key binding
(+) it works as expected.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
  of 2008-03-29

* Re: 23.0.60; Dired remote creates local directory through the menus
@ 2008-03-30  8:51 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2008-03-30  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs-pretest-bug

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> If you open a remote directory in dired and try to create a directory
> through the menus
>
>   Immediate
>     Create Directory
>
> a local directory will be created. However if you use the key binding
> (+) it works as expected.

I cannot reproduce it here, both ways work as expected. I'm working on
Ubuntu, but this shouldn't be relevant.

What do you mean with "remote directory", something connected via
ange-ftp, or connected via ssh/plink?

Do you have your own binding for <Immediate> <Create Directory>? Does it
also happen, when you call "emacs -Q"?

Best regards, Michael.