* [ELPA] New package: Windower
@ 2019-11-04 11:41 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-11-04 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi!

I've just published a little package bundling a bunch of helpers for window
management:

https://gitlab.com/ambrevar/emacs-windower

The commands deal with common operations that I miss in vanilla Emacs, such as

- switch to last buffer,
- toggle single window,
- toggle between horizontal/vertical split,
- move border more "naturally",
- swap windows à-la windmove.

Simple, but some might find it useful enough and spare some 150 lines in their
init.el ;)

I'd like to add the package to ELPA.  Feedback is more than welcome!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower
@ 2019-11-20 14:04 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-11-20 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Friendly ping ;)

--

@ 2019-12-18 16:38   ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-12-18 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Friendly re-ping.

Last one, I'll stop bothering everyone after that :)

--

@ 2019-12-18 17:27     ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2019-12-18 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, Emacs developers

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> writes:

> Friendly re-ping.
>
> Last one, I'll stop bothering everyone after that :)

I find this useful, and would like to see it merged into GNU ELPA.

Pierre, have you already completed the assignment process?  If so, would
you mind updating the file headers and indicate the FSF as the copyright
holder for the package?

Stefan, if we have assignment on file for Pierre, would you please take
care of merging this into elpa.git?

Thanks,
amin

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower
@ 2019-12-18 17:53       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-12-18 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: mail, monnier, emacs-devel

> From: Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:27:57 -0500
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>  Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Pierre, have you already completed the assignment process?

He did.

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower
@ 2019-12-18 18:14     ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-12-18 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The commands in this package look like basic, useful commands.  Could
they be added to Emacs itself?

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower
@ 2019-12-18 21:51 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-12-18 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)