* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
       [not found] ` <20220419111854.C50E3C009A8@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-04-19 11:27   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-04-19 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Philip Kaludercic

>     Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
>
>     * rcirc.el (rcirc-define-command): Check if an interactive
>       specification is a string, in which case it was to be wrapped in a
>       list so that the result of its interpretation is passed as the first
>       argument of the command resulting from the macro expansion.

Shouldn't this commit message be:

* lisp/net/rcirc.el (rcirc-define-command): Check if an
interactive specification is a string, in which case it was to
be wrapped in a list so that the result of its interpretation is
passed as the first argument of the command resulting from the
macro expansion.

instead?

* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
@ 2022-04-19 11:32     ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2022-04-19 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>>     Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
>>
>>     * rcirc.el (rcirc-define-command): Check if an interactive
>>       specification is a string, in which case it was to be wrapped in a
>>       list so that the result of its interpretation is passed as the first
>>       argument of the command resulting from the macro expansion.
>
> Shouldn't this commit message be:
>
> * lisp/net/rcirc.el (rcirc-define-command): Check if an
> interactive specification is a string, in which case it was to
> be wrapped in a list so that the result of its interpretation is
> passed as the first argument of the command resulting from the
> macro expansion.
>
> instead?

Am I missing something or do you just mean to say that it was supposed
to be "lisp/net/rcirc.el" instead of "rcirc.el"?

--
	Philip Kaludercic

* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
@ 2022-04-19 11:45       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-04-19 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Am I missing something or do you just mean to say that it was supposed
> to be "lisp/net/rcirc.el" instead of "rcirc.el"?

That, and the lines shouldn't start with a space either.

* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
@ 2022-04-19 11:50         ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2022-04-19 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Am I missing something or do you just mean to say that it was supposed
>> to be "lisp/net/rcirc.el" instead of "rcirc.el"?
>
> That, and the lines shouldn't start with a space either.

Oh, I see.  I will pay more attention to that in the future, but in my
defence, both of these things appear to be the default behaviour.
log-edit-generate-changelog-from-diff only uses the basename of the file
(though I have proposed to change that in <87pmqhl85r.fsf@posteo.net>),
and auto-fill-mode inserts the leading whitespace, apparently because it
assumes that the changelog is a plaintext list.

--
	Philip Kaludercic

* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
@ 2022-04-19 12:31           ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-04-19 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>>
>>> Am I missing something or do you just mean to say that it was supposed
>>> to be "lisp/net/rcirc.el" instead of "rcirc.el"?
>>
>> That, and the lines shouldn't start with a space either.
>
> Oh, I see.  I will pay more attention to that in the future, but in my
> defence, both of these things appear to be the default behaviour.
> log-edit-generate-changelog-from-diff only uses the basename of the file
> (though I have proposed to change that in <87pmqhl85r.fsf@posteo.net>),
> and auto-fill-mode inserts the leading whitespace, apparently because it
> assumes that the changelog is a plaintext list.

I don't use auto-fill-mode, and don't see that behavior when filling the
text manually.

* Re: master 5df658a96a: Fix handling of intspecs as string by rcirc-define-command
@ 2022-04-19 14:13             ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2022-04-19 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> That, and the lines shouldn't start with a space either.
>>
>> Oh, I see.  I will pay more attention to that in the future, but in my
>> defence, both of these things appear to be the default behaviour.
>> log-edit-generate-changelog-from-diff only uses the basename of the file
>> (though I have proposed to change that in <87pmqhl85r.fsf@posteo.net>),
>> and auto-fill-mode inserts the leading whitespace, apparently because it
>> assumes that the changelog is a plaintext list.
>
> I don't use auto-fill-mode, and don't see that behavior when filling the
> text manually.

Yes, I can confirm that manual filling doesn't run into this issue.  I
will report these behaviours as possible bugs.

--
	Philip Kaludercic