* Electric command in sh mode
@ 2011-12-01  9:58 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2011-12-01  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs sources, emacs devel

Hi,

I have implemented electric command for shell script. It will re indent
when entering '}', 'fi', 'done', etc.. If there is interest I can write
a patch to include it in emacs proper.

http://kanis.fr:/vcs/emacs/init/ivan-shell.el
--
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out.
    -- David Weatherford

* Re: Electric command in sh mode
@ 2011-12-01 17:51 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-12-01 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: emacs devel

> I have implemented electric command for shell script. It will re indent
> when entering '}', 'fi', 'done', etc.. If there is interest I can write
> a patch to include it in emacs proper.

If you can write a patch that makes it work with electric-indent-mode
(new in Emacs-24), then I'd be happy to consider it for Emacs-24.2.

Such a patch should not feel obliged to avoid changing electric.el, tho
any changes made there should be generic rather than specific to
shell-scripts.

* Re: Electric command in sh mode
@ 2011-12-02 15:25 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2011-12-02 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-sources; +Cc: emacs-devel

I'd like it.  That would be a good addition.

Dave