From: Mario Lang <mlang@delysid.org>
Subject: Re: Feature request: share search ring amongst emacses
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:14:21 +0200	[thread overview]

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Why are you using two separate Emacses?

I am not the Original poster, but I too use two instaces of Emacs.

One runs a normal emacs with Gnus, the other runs emacspeak.

This is because emacspeak modifies alot of the emacs functions,
and some of those modifications affect the way emacs behaves normally.
As I only use speech partly, and braille for the rest, it made
alot of sense to have two emacsen running.

Also, as was already said, some people like to use
Gnus in a separate Emacs to avoid blocking when
fetching news e.g.

> If there is a good reason and that is really necessary for you,
> maybe we can do something to correct the underlying problem
> so you can use just one.
I think only if emacs had  a real threading system,
those problems could be solve (related to Gnus usable). Mine
wouldnt be solve that way, so it seems there are
really good reasons to have more than one emacs running.

(and a shared history would be nice!)

In addition to history, one thing I always wanted
was the ability to kill something into another emacs.

Yes, I know; x-clipboard handles this nice; but as a screen/console only user,
this doesn't really help.

--
CYa,
  Mario