* Please add g++ to EMBA build environment
@ 2020-01-03 12:22 Mattias Engdegård
From: Mattias Engdegård @ 2020-01-03 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers; +Cc: Eric Ludlam

It looks like the test failures on gnu.emba.org (semantic-utest-ia) stem from missing g++.
Would someone please add g++ to the build environment?

If the CEDET maintainers prefer to make the test coverage depend on what is installed, then that's fine, too.

* Re: Please add g++ to EMBA build environment
@ 2020-01-03 12:46 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2020-01-03 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Engdegård; +Cc: Eric Ludlam, Emacs developers

Mattias Engdegård <mattiase@acm.org> writes:

Hi Mattias,

> It looks like the test failures on gnu.emba.org (semantic-utest-ia)
> stem from missing g++.
> Would someone please add g++ to the build environment?

You could do it yourself. The environment is specified in the file
.gitlab-ci.yml of Emacs' root directory. Adding g++ in the
before_script: section shall do the job. Maybe you spend also a comment
why it is needed.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Please add g++ to EMBA build environment
@ 2020-01-03 13:10   ` Mattias Engdegård
From: Mattias Engdegård @ 2020-01-03 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Eric Ludlam, Emacs developers

3 jan. 2020 kl. 13.46 skrev Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>:

> You could do it yourself. The environment is specified in the file
> .gitlab-ci.yml of Emacs' root directory. Adding g++ in the
> before_script: section shall do the job. Maybe you spend also a comment
> why it is needed.

Thank you! I don't use Debian and am likely to mess it up, but... here goes.

* Re: Please add g++ to EMBA build environment
@ 2020-01-03 14:23     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2020-01-03 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Engdegård; +Cc: Eric Ludlam, Emacs developers

Mattias Engdegård <mattiase@acm.org> writes:

>> You could do it yourself. The environment is specified in the file
>> .gitlab-ci.yml of Emacs' root directory. Adding g++ in the
>> before_script: section shall do the job. Maybe you spend also a comment
>> why it is needed.
>
> Thank you! I don't use Debian and am likely to mess it up, but... here goes.

Looks good. The CEDET tests pass now on EMBA.

Best regards, Michael.