* Re: emacs-25 7bc4820: Make setf for frame-height/width work again
       [not found] ` <E1aY51g-00078O-Ms@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2016-02-23  5:00   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-23  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>     Make setf for frame-height/width work again
>
>     * lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib.el (frame-height): Make setf for
>     frame-height/width work again (bug#21979).

And once again I forgot the "exempt" thing...  I think perhaps it would
be easier to remember if it were part of the ChangeLog format?

Now I'm typically checking whether the person has a copyright
assignment, then I apply the patch, write the ChangeLog, do some
testing, and then when it comes time to check in I've forgotten about
that the person doesn't have an assignment...

* Re: emacs-25 7bc4820: Make setf for frame-height/width work again
@ 2016-03-01  4:27     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2016-03-01  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>>     Make setf for frame-height/width work again
>>
>>     * lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib.el (frame-height): Make setf for
>>     frame-height/width work again (bug#21979).
>
> And once again I forgot the "exempt" thing...

With all such mistakes, please do:

make change-history
fix relevant ChangeLog.2 entry
commit+push

TIA.

> I think perhaps it would be easier to remember if it were part of the
> ChangeLog format? Now I'm typically checking whether the person has a
> copyright assignment, then I apply the patch, write the ChangeLog, do
> some testing, and then when it comes time to check in I've forgotten
> about that the person doesn't have an assignment...

Just write "(tiny change)" in the ChangeLog as in the good old days,
then log-edit-insert-changelog (in master) will convert it to the right
format in the commit log.

* Re: emacs-25 7bc4820: Make setf for frame-height/width work again
@ 2016-03-01  4:41       ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-03-01  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm+news@gnu.org> writes:

> Just write "(tiny change)" in the ChangeLog as in the good old days,
> then log-edit-insert-changelog (in master) will convert it to the right
> format in the commit log.

Aha!  Thanks.

* Re: emacs-25 7bc4820: Make setf for frame-height/width work again
@ 2016-03-04 16:50       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2016-03-04 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>> And once again I forgot the "exempt" thing...
>
> With all such mistakes, please do:
>
> make change-history
> fix relevant ChangeLog.2 entry
> commit+push