* Re: master b4f0c4c: Allow controlling where xwidget-webkit stores cookies
@ 2021-11-19 13:54 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-11-19 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> branch: master
> commit b4f0c4c694e1c00b4025fe16039b8940d97c66aa
> Author: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Commit: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> [...]
> +(defcustom xwidget-webkit-cookie-file
> +  (file-name-concat user-emacs-directory
> +                    "xwidget-webkit-cookies.txt")

Any reasons why this uses file-name-concat instead of
expand-file-name?

Also, should this default to nil? or maybe to 'ask', so that the first
time a cookie wants to be stored, Emacs will ask the user?

* Re: master b4f0c4c: Allow controlling where xwidget-webkit stores cookies
@ 2021-11-20  0:35 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-20  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Any reasons why this uses file-name-concat instead of
> expand-file-name?

That's my bad, sorry.

> Also, should this default to nil? or maybe to 'ask', so that the first
> time a cookie wants to be stored, Emacs will ask the user?

Or perhaps it should be nil, like in `url', as I think people generally
don't expect accessing web pages to store files on disk.

I'll make that change.