* Emacs 21.4 tarball
@ 2005-03-13 18:07 Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2005-03-13 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs, there are both emacs-21.4.tar.gz and
emacs-21.4a.tar.gz.

What is the difference between those two releases? 21.4a seems to have
been released 11 days after the former.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jérôme Marant

* Re: Emacs 21.4 tarball
@ 2005-03-13 18:51 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-03-13 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> In ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs, there are both emacs-21.4.tar.gz
> and emacs-21.4a.tar.gz.
>
> What is the difference between those two releases?

I really don't want to know.

* Re: Emacs 21.4 tarball
@ 2005-03-13 19:25 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-03-13 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> What is the difference between those two releases? 21.4a seems to have
> been released 11 days after the former.

In the Emacs 21.4a release, etc/PROBLEMS contains a paragraph explaining
how to bootstrap Emacs on a system running a Linux kernel with
Exec-shield (which causes segfaults in the Emacs dumper).

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | And you never lay down and
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | you never stay home...

* Re: Emacs 21.4 tarball
@ 2005-03-13 21:50   ` Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2005-03-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> writes:

> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:
>
>> What is the difference between those two releases? 21.4a seems to have
>> been released 11 days after the former.
>
> In the Emacs 21.4a release, etc/PROBLEMS contains a paragraph explaining
> how to bootstrap Emacs on a system running a Linux kernel with
> Exec-shield (which causes segfaults in the Emacs dumper).

Ah, OK. Thanks. I didn't find any announce, though.

--
Jérôme Marant