* more windows confusions
@ 2017-10-17 22:29 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2017-10-17 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm currently scripting the windows build and have hit a snag. My
dependency list has two packages for which there do not appear to be
source.

The two in question are these:

mingw-w64-gcc-libs
mingw-w64-libwinpthread-git

Both pretty generic and indirect dependencies of most of the Emacs
libraries dependencies. I'm trying to get the source from here.

https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages

I'm guessing this is because of some obscurity about the way packaging
works for MSYS2/MINGW. Any suggestions welcome.

Phil

* Re: more windows confusions
@ 2017-10-17 22:43 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2017-10-17 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:

> I'm currently scripting the windows build and have hit a snag. My
> dependency list has two packages for which there do not appear to be
> source.
>
> The two in question are these:
>
> mingw-w64-gcc-libs

This is part of gcc (mingw-w64-gcc/PKGBUILD).

> mingw-w64-libwinpthread-git

This is mingw-w64-libwinpthreads-git/PKGBUILD

(note the extra `s').

> Both pretty generic and indirect dependencies of most of the Emacs
> libraries dependencies. I'm trying to get the source from here.
>
> https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages
>
> I'm guessing this is because of some obscurity about the way packaging
> works for MSYS2/MINGW. Any suggestions welcome.

The MSYS2 maintainer uploads the source of each binary package he
builds. See for instance:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/Sources/

If you download the source from there, you are guaranteed to obtain the
corresponding source code of the binary package available on the same
server.