* vc-dir sometimes shows files that are ignored, sometimes not. (HG)
@ 2022-04-13  6:18 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-04-13  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

I am using vc-dir mostly under mercurial.

In few occasion vc-dir also lists the files that should be ignored (and
are specified in .hgignore), as in

*   edited               ChangeLog
                         Actas/2021/Jul/
    ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21-Stat.pdf
    ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21.pdf
                         Actas/2021/Jun/

Did anybody experience something similar. Any idea what is the reason
and how to avoid that behavior?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer
--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* vc-dir sometimes shows files that are ignored, sometimes not. (HG)
@ 2022-04-13 15:18 ` Bob Rogers
From: Bob Rogers @ 2022-04-13 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
   Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:18:23 +0200

   Hi

   I am using vc-dir mostly under mercurial.

   In few occasion vc-dir also lists the files that should be ignored (and
   are specified in .hgignore), as in

   *   edited               ChangeLog
			    Actas/2021/Jul/
       ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21-Stat.pdf
       ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21.pdf
			    Actas/2021/Jun/

   Did anybody experience something similar. Any idea what is the reason
   and how to avoid that behavior?

   Thanks

   Uwe Brauer

I've only seen that behavior when I save a file that should be ignored.
Then I have to type "x" to clear it again, which I agree is annoying.
No idea how a PDF file could get in that way; even dired-do-copy doesn't
seem to update the vc-dir status (I tested using git, though).  Which is
arguably a bug.

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://www.rgrjr.com/

* Re: vc-dir sometimes shows files that are ignored, sometimes not. (HG)
@ 2022-04-13 19:22   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-04-13 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Rogers; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-devel