* multiple compile warnings
@ 2024-04-29  9:14 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-04-29  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've just git pulled emacs and built with 'make bootstrap'. It loads
successfully with emacs -Q. However, when I use my ~/.emacs it also load
apparently successfully but there are many compile warnings all beginning

Error (bytecomp): Wrong type argument: arrayp, (lambda
(ad--addoit-function proc msg) (let (ad-return-value)

These warns are new, as of today.

I have tried removing various .elc files of mine but to no effect.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.

* Re: multiple compile warnings
@ 2024-04-29 11:03 ` Michael Heerdegen via Emacs development discussions.
From: Michael Heerdegen via Emacs development discussions. @ 2024-04-29 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I have tried removing various .elc files of mine but to no effect.

This happens with interpreted code.  Sounds like this is due to Stefan's
latest changes (see f2bccae22bd "Use a dedicated type to represent
interpreted-function values").  He is informed.

The breakage seems to affect only few special defadvice calls of mostly
older packages (involving interpreted functions presumably).

Michael.

* Re: multiple compile warnings
@ 2024-04-29 12:12   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-04-29 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen via Emacs development discussions.; +Cc: Michael Heerdegen

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> I have tried removing various .elc files of mine but to no
    >> effect.

    > This happens with interpreted code.  Sounds like this is due to
    > Stefan's latest changes (see f2bccae22bd "Use a dedicated type to
    > represent interpreted-function values").  He is informed.

    > The breakage seems to affect only few special defadvice calls of
    > mostly older packages (involving interpreted functions
    > presumably).

    > Michael.

Thanks for the information. I'll await developments.

Best wishes,

Colin.

* Re: multiple compile warnings
@ 2024-04-29 18:29     ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2024-04-29 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen via Emacs development discussions.; +Cc: Michael Heerdegen

    >> Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >>> I have tried removing various .elc files of mine but to no
    >>> effect.

    >> This happens with interpreted code.  Sounds like this is due to
    >> Stefan's latest changes (see f2bccae22bd "Use a dedicated type to
    >> represent interpreted-function values").  He is informed.

    >> The breakage seems to affect only few special defadvice calls of
    >> mostly older packages (involving interpreted functions
    >> presumably).

    >> Michael.

    > Thanks for the information. I'll await developments.

    > Best wishes,

    > Colin.

This appears to be fixed. Emacs-30.0.50 builds now without warning
messages.

Thank you very much

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.