* Struct defined by cl-defstruct with :noinline failed to set slot using setf
@ 2019-09-02  5:03 Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-09-02  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Consider following code at dd162a3f226

(cl-defstruct (a (:noinline t)) b c)

(let ((a (make-a :b 1 :c 2)))
  (setf (a-b a) 1))

Get an error "Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ a-b\)".

IMO, the problem is when :noinline was given, cl-defstruct will use defun
instead of cl-defsubst to create getter, which can't be handled by "setf"'s form
expansion automatically. If we want to allow user to modify slots of a struct

defined with :noinline argument, we should define the setters manually.

--

Zihao

* Re: Struct defined by cl-defstruct with :noinline failed to set slot using setf
@ 2019-09-02 10:44 ` Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-09-02 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

Can you check commit 144b2243b7cee4adbc3217d871c575921f95af54 for setf issue I
metioned above? I just see you are the author of that commit.

--

@ 2019-09-02 12:57 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-09-02 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhu Zihao; +Cc: emacs-devel

> (let ((a (make-a :b 1 :c 2)))
>   (setf (a-b a) 1))
> Get an error "Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ a-b\)".

Indeed!  Thanks for the report.

Could you `M-x report-emacs-bug` for it?
I have no time to look into fixing it right now, so it would be good to
have a bug-number to keep track of it.

* Re: Struct defined by cl-defstruct with :noinline failed to set slot using setf
@ 2019-09-02 13:10   ` Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-09-02 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Zhu Zihao, emacs-devel

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 20:57:20 +0800,
Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > (let ((a (make-a :b 1 :c 2)))
> >   (setf (a-b a) 1))
> > Get an error "Symbol’s function definition is void: \(setf\ a-b\)".
>
> Indeed!  Thanks for the report.
>
> Could you `M-x report-emacs-bug` for it?
> I have no time to look into fixing it right now, so it would be good to
> have a bug-number to keep track of it.
>

>         Stefan

Done, thanks for your reply.