* About the gnus version in the git version of emacs.
@ 2020-01-24  1:16 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-01-24  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I learned from here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2016-09/msg00018.html

It said that:

  Yes, something has changed.  Gnus is now developed only as part of
  emacs, and there's no separate Gnus repository anymore.

On the other hand, I also noticed that on the following website:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial#toc2

It told me the following things:

Ensuring Gnus is up-to-date

          Gnus is bundled with recent versions of Emacs.
          Open it with M-x gnus    RET.
          Within Gnus, type ‘V’ and look at the minibuffer.
          It should say something like `Gnus v5.14’. If Gnus reports that
          it is older than 5.13, please consider upgrading to a more
recent version.

It mentioned the the `Gnus v5.14’, but I use the latest git version of
emacs compiled by me on Ubuntu 19.10, and I find that the bundled gnus
version is only 5.13.

Any hints for this?

Regards
--
Hongsheng Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences

* Re: About the gnus version in the git version of emacs.
@ 2020-01-25 11:16 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2020-01-25 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> It mentioned the the `Gnus v5.14’, but I use the latest git version of
> emacs compiled by me on Ubuntu 19.10, and I find that the bundled gnus
> version is only 5.13.
>
> Any hints for this?

The Emacswiki page is wrong -- the current up-to-date version of Gnus is
5.13.

* Re: About the gnus version in the git version of emacs.
@ 2020-01-27 17:19   ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2020-01-27 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Hongyi Zhao, emacs-devel

On 25 Jan 2020, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>> It mentioned the the `Gnus v5.14’, but I use the latest git version of
>> emacs compiled by me on Ubuntu 19.10, and I find that the bundled gnus
>> version is only 5.13.
>>
>> Any hints for this?
>
>The Emacswiki page is wrong -- the current up-to-date version of Gnus is
>5.13.

I fixed the EmacsWiki page.

Best regards,
-Karl