* switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates new tab?
@ 2024-02-26 15:39 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2024-02-26 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I updated/built Emacs from git this morning (UK time) and
switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates a new tab.  I've not
explored further (yet) so just a heads up.

eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2024-02-26) on Debian 12.0

* Re: switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates new tab?
@ 2024-02-29 17:37 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2024-02-29 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I updated/built Emacs from git this morning (UK time) and
> switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates a new tab.  I've not
> explored further (yet) so just a heads up.

Do you still see the same problem?  I can't reproduce it.

* Re: switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates new tab?
@ 2024-03-01  9:22   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2024-03-01  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thursday, 29 Feb 2024 at 19:37, Juri Linkov wrote:
>> I updated/built Emacs from git this morning (UK time) and
>> switch-to-buffer-other-tab no longer creates a new tab.  I've not
>> explored further (yet) so just a heads up.
>
> Do you still see the same problem?  I can't reproduce it.

Yes, sorry, I forgot to post an update.

There was some interaction with my display-buffer-alist that caused
this.  Not entirely sure why or how but it seemed that this alist
overrode the directive to create a new tab whereas I would have thought
that the process would be "create new tab, figure out how to display the
buffer in that new tab" which doesn't seem to be the case.  I've not
investigated further.

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2024-02-28) on Debian 12.2