* Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
@ 2004-10-15 19:38 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2004-10-15 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows is a package from which you can build
an installer for Emacs on MS Windows. It can also be used to unpack a binary
distribution file for Emacs or to setup an already installed version of
Emacs.

Please look at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WThirtyTwoDotEmacs and
follow the link under "Preview of Emacs Setup ..." to reach the kit. There
are some documentation in HTML format.

Currently this works for Emacs 21.3. I have not tested the CVS version.

- Lennart

PS: Please observer that version 0.51 now is available. It fixes a mistake
where I forgot to save Emacs customized variables correctly.

* Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
@ 2005-05-26 17:41 Mats Emacs
From: Mats Emacs @ 2005-05-26 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just started to try out Lennart´s installer.
I think it is a worthy effort to make printing easier.

This message in the mini-buffer can however never be right on a system
with firefox as the default browser:
"Asked Explorer to open http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html"

I think I have found a misspelling here:
Options->
  Options Related to W32 Feeling

"Simple buffer switching, default c-Tab: t"

It should be C-TAB, shouldn't it?

/Mats

* Re: Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
@ 2005-05-26 21:08 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-05-26 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Mats Emacs wrote:

>I just started to try out Lennart´s installer.
>I think it is a worthy effort to make printing easier.

Thanks.

>This message in the mini-buffer can however never be right on a system
>with firefox as the default browser:
>"Asked Explorer to open http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html"

It is not Internet Explorer, it is Explorer.... - but I guess you are
still right. I just had a tough time writing "Asked MS Windows..." ;-)

I will change to that instead. (If someone have better suggestions mail
me privately.)

>I think I have found a misspelling here:
>Options->
>  Options Related to W32 Feeling
>
>"Simple buffer switching, default c-Tab: t"
>
>It should be C-TAB, shouldn't it?

Ok, thanks.

* Re: Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
@ 2005-05-26 21:32   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-05-26 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Mats Emacs, emacs-devel

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> writes:

> Mats Emacs wrote:
>
>>I just started to try out Lennart´s installer.
>>I think it is a worthy effort to make printing easier.
>
>>This message in the mini-buffer can however never be right on a system
>>with firefox as the default browser:
>>"Asked Explorer to open http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html"
>>

> It is not Internet Explorer, it is Explorer.... - but I guess you are
> still right. I just had a tough time writing "Asked MS Windows..." ;-)
>
> I will change to that instead. (If someone have better suggestions
> mail me privately.)

"Asked Browser..."?