* X11 extension `resize and rotate'
@ 2003-05-23 19:36 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-23 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

When on the road, I use a certain font on my laptop.  When in the
office, using the external display, I use a different font.

Now there the resize and rotate X11 extension with XFree86 that
allows me to change resolutions on the fly.

Wouldn't it be cool if Emacs would invoke a hook when this happened
so that I could change the Emacs font?

I gather that resize and rotate forwards the event somehow to the
applications, though I don't know how.
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: X11 extension `resize and rotate'
@ 2003-05-28 19:57 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-05-28 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> When on the road, I use a certain font on my laptop.  When in the
> office, using the external display, I use a different font.
>
> Now there the resize and rotate X11 extension with XFree86 that
> allows me to change resolutions on the fly.
>
> Wouldn't it be cool if Emacs would invoke a hook when this happened
> so that I could change the Emacs font?
>
> I gather that resize and rotate forwards the event somehow to the
> applications, though I don't know how.

It is an extension event, Emacs would have to ask for it (in C code).
I'll see if I can do something after the summer.

	Jan D.