* Understanding project.el
@ 2020-09-18  7:10 Manuel Uberti
From: Manuel Uberti @ 2020-09-18  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello everyone,

I filed a ticket over at clojure-mode because its integration with project.el
isn't working as expected.

You can find it here: https://github.com/clojure-emacs/clojure-mode/issues/571

I did my best to provide a recipe from emacs -Q in order to make it easy to
reproduce.

Since clojure-mode's maintainer is not able to test this problem, I'd like to
understand if I can do something about it. However, I need to understand
project.el a bit better to do so.

Here are my questions:

- Is project-switch-project setting the project root every time a project is
selected?

- Is project-switch-project caching something about the current project that
might interfere with the switch?

- Is the new project root picked up by project-find-file?

I already asked the first of these questions on that ticket, but it's probably
better to redirect my questions here where the core devs usually meet.

All the best

--
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu

* Re: Understanding project.el
@ 2020-09-18  9:09 ` Manuel Uberti
From: Manuel Uberti @ 2020-09-18  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 18/09/20 09:10, Manuel Uberti wrote:
> You can find it here: https://github.com/clojure-emacs/clojure-mode/issues/571

It turns out the solution was within clojure-mode itself. By setting
clojure-cache-project-dir to nil, the integration with project.el works as expected.

Sorry for the noise.

All the best.

--
Manuel Uberti