* Emacs 27.2 RC2
@ 2021-03-19  7:35 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-03-19  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The second release candidate for what will be the 27.2 release of Emacs
(the extensible text editor) is now available at

  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-27.2-rc2.tar.xz

The tarball is signed; you can get the PGP signature file at

  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-27.2-rc2.tar.xz.sig

Please give it as much testing as you can.

As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs,
send a report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org with full details
(if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug).

Thanks for helping to test Emacs.

* Re: Emacs 27.2 RC2
@ 2021-03-19 10:42 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2021-03-19 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Eli> The second release candidate for what will be the 27.2 release of Emacs
    Eli> (the extensible text editor) is now available at

    Eli>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-27.2-rc2.tar.xz

    Eli> The tarball is signed; you can get the PGP signature file at

    Eli>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-27.2-rc2.tar.xz.sig

    Eli> Please give it as much testing as you can.

The tarball builds fine, but building the corresponding tag from git:

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
  ELC      cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.elc

In toplevel form:
cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el:58:17:Error: Bad input grammar
make[2]: *** [Makefile:296: cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.elc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:319: compile-main] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
make: *** [Makefile:411: lisp] Error 2

This is 'make bootstrap'. Is there some extra 'make clean' command I
need to run?

Robert

* Re: Emacs 27.2 RC2
@ 2021-03-19 12:19   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-03-19 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 11:42:53 +0100
>
> The tarball builds fine, but building the corresponding tag from git:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
>   ELC      cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.elc
>
> In toplevel form:
> cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el:58:17:Error: Bad input grammar
> make[2]: *** [Makefile:296: cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.elc] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:319: compile-main] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rpluim/repos/emacs-27/lisp'
> make: *** [Makefile:411: lisp] Error 2
>
> This is 'make bootstrap'. Is there some extra 'make clean' command I
> need to run?

I have no idea.  The bootstrap ran successfully for me from a pristine
checkout, AFAIR.

There's no file cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el in my
repository, and it isn't present in the tarball.  Is that a versioned
file in your case, or just a left-over from some distant past?

* Re: Emacs 27.2 RC2
@ 2021-03-19 17:50     ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2021-03-19 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

    >> This is 'make bootstrap'. Is there some extra 'make clean' command I
    >> need to run?

    Eli> I have no idea.  The bootstrap ran successfully for me from a pristine
    Eli> checkout, AFAIR.

    Eli> There's no file cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el in my
    Eli> repository, and it isn't present in the tarball.  Is that a versioned
    Eli> file in your case, or just a left-over from some distant past?

Itʼs a generated file. If I remove it, and also
lisp/cedet/srecode/srecode-template-wy.el then the build succeeds. As
you say, probably a leftover from before some cedet changes.

Robert

* Re: Emacs 27.2 RC2
@ 2021-03-19 19:44       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-03-19 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 18:50:17 +0100
>
>     Eli> There's no file cedet/semantic/wisent/java-tags-wy.el in my
>     Eli> repository, and it isn't present in the tarball.  Is that a versioned
>     Eli> file in your case, or just a left-over from some distant past?
>
> Itʼs a generated file. If I remove it, and also
> lisp/cedet/srecode/srecode-template-wy.el then the build succeeds. As
> you say, probably a leftover from before some cedet changes.

OK, then we are good.  (That other file is also absent in my tree.)