* Recent changes in doc/misc/
@ 2012-12-22  9:01 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-22  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

I have a couple of questions about these changes, and about the
dependencies in that directory in general:

 . all the manuals now include doclicense.texi, but there are no
   dependencies on that file -- is that a bug?

 . why some of the manuals @include gpl.texi, while others include its
   contents instead?

* Re: Recent changes in doc/misc/
@ 2012-12-22 15:33 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2012-12-22 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 12/22/2012 01:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>   . all the manuals now include doclicense.texi, but there are no
>     dependencies on that file -- is that a bug?

I expect so, yes.

>   . why some of the manuals @include gpl.texi, while others include its
>     contents instead?

In the old days gpl.texi contained sectioning commands
and @node, so it wouldn't fit into manuals that wanted to do their
own sectioning, and people would copy the text of gpl.texi
without its sectioning commands.  Nowadays that problem has been fixed,
so @include gpl.texi should suffice.

Hmm, but I just now checked, and I didn't see any Emacs manuals that
contain copies of gpl.texi's contents, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding
your question.

* Re: Recent changes in doc/misc/
@ 2012-12-22 15:47   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-22 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 07:33:52 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>
> CC: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> >   . why some of the manuals @include gpl.texi, while others include its
> >     contents instead?
>
> In the old days gpl.texi contained sectioning commands
> and @node, so it wouldn't fit into manuals that wanted to do their
> own sectioning, and people would copy the text of gpl.texi
> without its sectioning commands.  Nowadays that problem has been fixed,
> so @include gpl.texi should suffice.
>
> Hmm, but I just now checked, and I didn't see any Emacs manuals that
> contain copies of gpl.texi's contents, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding
> your question.

Sorry, I was confused.  Ignore the second issue, only the first is
real.

* Re: Recent changes in doc/misc/
@ 2012-12-22 18:31 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-12-22 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>  . all the manuals now include doclicense.texi, but there are no
>    dependencies on that file -- is that a bug?

A minor one, yes. It's not like doclicense.texi changes very often.