* Changes in trunk revision 110925
@ 2012-11-17 20:50 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-11-17 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

I don't understand the rationale for this change.  "Changes in Emacs
XY.Z on non-free operating systems" is for changes _only_ on those
systems.  By contrast, in this case, the change is across the board,
and the original text just mentioned a minor difference in behavior on
MS-Windows.

Unless there's a good reason for the change which I'm missing, I'd
prefer this change to be reverted, because it makes things harder for
the reader.

* Re: Changes in trunk revision 110925
@ 2012-11-17 20:58 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-11-17 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I don't understand the rationale for this change.

You put it in the 24.3 section, but the change is not in emacs-24 (IIUC).
So it needs to go in the 24.4 section, and then it becomes a change
solely on a non-free platform.

* Re: Changes in trunk revision 110925
@ 2012-11-17 21:01   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-11-17 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 15:58:14 -0500
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > I don't understand the rationale for this change.
>
> You put it in the 24.3 section, but the change is not in emacs-24 (IIUC).
> So it needs to go in the 24.4 section, and then it becomes a change
> solely on a non-free platform.

Sorry, I forgot that backtraces are available in 24.3.