* emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-28  3:48 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-12-28  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I seem to have committed a bad revision (r111084) to the emacs-24
branch. Somehow [1], a newline got into the --fixes argument.
The result is that "bzr log" now fails with

  bzr: ERROR: Invalid line in bugs property: 'http://debbugs.gnu.org/13285'

I filed a bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/1094180

Not sure how to recover from this. "bzr uncommit" seems to work fine in
a small test bzr repo. I'd have to undo the last 5 commits to the
emacs-24 branch (which are all mine, so I don't mind). Not sure if
Savannah allows uncommit though.

So maybe don't commit anything to emacs-24 until this is fixed.
(Assuming this issues affects everyone, not just my copy.)

[1] "Amusingly", this was a commit from inside Emacs via log-edit mode.
Not sure how it got a newline in there...

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-28 19:38 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-12-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Not sure how to recover from this. "bzr uncommit" seems to work fine in
> a small test bzr repo.

I've tested this some more locally, and it seems to work. People with
unbound branches tracking emacs-24 would have to use "pull --overwrite"
(I think). Still not sure if it will work right with Savannah though.

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-28 19:56   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-28 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:38:56 -0500
>
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
> > Not sure how to recover from this. "bzr uncommit" seems to work fine in
> > a small test bzr repo.
>
> I've tested this some more locally, and it seems to work. People with
> unbound branches tracking emacs-24 would have to use "pull --overwrite"
> (I think). Still not sure if it will work right with Savannah though.

Any ETA on the Savannah fix?  It's hard to hold changes locally.

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-29  0:30     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-12-29  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Any ETA on the Savannah fix?  It's hard to hold changes locally.

I don't know what to do, I was hoping someone would tell me...
Should I try uncommit? It is the only option I have that might work.

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-29  5:50       ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-12-29  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> I don't know what to do, I was hoping someone would tell me...
> Should I try uncommit? It is the only option I have that might work.

I suggest testing this with another Savannah-hosted branch first, if
possible.  If it works, go ahead and modify emacs-24 on Savannah; we
want to quash this ASAP (we should have done this with ELPA when it hit
the bzr join bug).

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-29  7:20         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-29  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:50:21 +0800
>
> Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > I don't know what to do, I was hoping someone would tell me...
> > Should I try uncommit? It is the only option I have that might work.
>
> I suggest testing this with another Savannah-hosted branch first, if
> possible.  If it works, go ahead and modify emacs-24 on Savannah; we
> want to quash this ASAP

I agree.

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-29  8:17           ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-12-29  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Chong Yidong, emacs-devel

I think it is fixed now.

***NB: If you have local changes to your copy of the emacs-24 branch,
please make a backup of them before doing anything else***

If you have a bound branch, `bzr update' may result in some or all of
the now uncommitted changes showing up as a pending merge. Please just
bzr revert them away, then you should be back to normal.

If you have an unbound branch, `bzr pull' will complain about diverged
branches. Use `bzr pull --overwrite'. (This is why you should backup
local changes first.)

This has been fun.

* Re: emacs-24 goof causes bzr log error: "Invalid line in bugs property"
@ 2012-12-29  8:36             ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-29  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: cyd, emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>