* Please avoid pushing commits to the emacs-26 branch
@ 2019-08-24 11:23 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-08-24 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Since RC1 of Emacs 26.3 is out, please don't push commits to the
emacs-26 branch until further notice.  If no significant problems are
reported with the RC in a couple of weeks, we will declare that RC1 is
the official 26.3 release, and after that the branch will be once
again open for changes according to our usual policies (documentation
and safe changes; see CONTRIBUTE).

Thanks.

* Re: Please avoid pushing commits to the emacs-26 branch
@ 2019-08-27 11:36 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2019-08-27 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Since RC1 of Emacs 26.3 is out, please don't push commits to the
> emacs-26 branch until further notice.  If no significant problems are
> reported with the RC in a couple of weeks,

The HISTORY file RC1 tarball says that the release is tomorrow (one week
after the RC1).

So I was planning to ask you to release tomorrow evening.

Cheers,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Please avoid pushing commits to the emacs-26 branch
@ 2019-08-27 12:32   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-08-27 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Nicolas Petton <nicolas@petton.fr>
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 13:36:41 +0200
>
> > Since RC1 of Emacs 26.3 is out, please don't push commits to the
> > emacs-26 branch until further notice.  If no significant problems are
> > reported with the RC in a couple of weeks,
>
> The HISTORY file RC1 tarball says that the release is tomorrow (one week
> after the RC1).
>
> So I was planning to ask you to release tomorrow evening.

Fine with me.

If someone thinks that's not a good idea, you have till tomorrow to
holler.

@ 2019-08-30  7:05 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-08-30  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 14:23:42 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> Since RC1 of Emacs 26.3 is out, please don't push commits to the
> emacs-26 branch until further notice.  If no significant problems are
> reported with the RC in a couple of weeks, we will declare that RC1 is
> the official 26.3 release, and after that the branch will be once
> again open for changes according to our usual policies (documentation
> and safe changes; see CONTRIBUTE).

Emacs 26.3 has been released yesterday, so the emacs-26 branch is
again open for changes.

Thanks.