* texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a
@ 2017-02-07  8:10 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2017-02-07  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

I'm trying use po4a to build po files from the various doc directories but in doc/misc a number of files seem to resist the process:

ada-mode.texi
	ada-mode.texi:543: (po4a::tex)
	un-balanced [ in ''
When adding the missing ] the po is properly created

gnus.texi
	Can't exec "kpsewhich": No such file or directory at /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.24/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 958, <$in> line 35.
Here it looks like a path issue, but since I'm trying that on my Mac, I have no way to know if it's a general issue or just an issue on my machine.

idlwave.texi
	idlwave.texi:370: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
	(+ other similar issues)
That's weird because the environment is properly defined

info.texi
	info.texi:1245: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment '@vtable'
Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined

mh-e.texi
	mh-e.texi:80: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
	(+ a dozen similar issues)
Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined

octave-mode.texi
	octave-mode.texi:170: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'vtable'
	(2 issues total)
Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined

The command I use is:
po4a-gettextize -f texinfo -M utf8 -m filename.texi -p filename.texi.fr.po

I guess most are issues with the way po4a processes texi but I'd expect such files to be properly processed...

Can anybody confirm if the issues can be reproduced on a "proper" gnu system?

Jean-Christophe Helary

* Re: texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a
@ 2017-02-07 16:33 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-02-07 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe Helary, Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 17:10:36 +0900
>
> I'm trying use po4a to build po files from the various doc directories but in doc/misc a number of files seem to resist the process:
>
> ada-mode.texi
> 	ada-mode.texi:543: (po4a::tex)
> 	un-balanced [ in ''
> When adding the missing ] the po is properly created

I fixed this in the repository.

> gnus.texi
> 	Can't exec "kpsewhich": No such file or directory at /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.24/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 958, <$in> line 35.
> Here it looks like a path issue, but since I'm trying that on my Mac, I have no way to know if it's a general issue or just an issue on my machine.

No, it's not a path issue: the file gnusconfig.tex is missing.  Lars,
how is that produced?

> idlwave.texi
> 	idlwave.texi:370: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
> 	(+ other similar issues)
> That's weird because the environment is properly defined
>
> info.texi
> 	info.texi:1245: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment '@vtable'
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined
>
> mh-e.texi
> 	mh-e.texi:80: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
> 	(+ a dozen similar issues)
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined
>
> octave-mode.texi
> 	octave-mode.texi:170: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'vtable'
> 	(2 issues total)
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined

These all seem to be bugs in po4a, as the Texinfo sources are correct.

Thanks.

P.S.  In the future please tell what version of Emacs did you get the
files from.  It helps to identify the problems and fix them.

* Re: texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a
@ 2017-02-07 23:26   ` Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2017-02-07 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen, emacs-devel

> P.S.  In the future please tell what version of Emacs did you get the
> files from.  It helps to identify the problems and fix them.

Apologies. I was trying to get the last version of the docs, so that was the git repository.

Jean-Christophe

* Re: texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a
@ 2017-02-20 16:03   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2017-02-20 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Jean-Christophe Helary, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Here it looks like a path issue, but since I'm trying that on my
>> Mac, I have no way to know if it's a general issue or just an issue
>> on my machine.
>
> No, it's not a path issue: the file gnusconfig.tex is missing.  Lars,
> how is that produced?

It's inside the @iflatex form, which isn't built in the Emacs
distribution; it was only in the Gnus distribution, which included lots
of images and stuff.

Since there isn't any Gnus distribution any more, that stuff should
probably be removed.