* Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Unicode + Image)
@ 2021-07-03 10:52 Anand Tamariya
From: Anand Tamariya @ 2021-07-03 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
Unicode text. Now you can print Unicode text using TrueType fonts.

   -

   Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
   -

   Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
   format).

*Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev

*Screenshots:*
https://lifeofpenguin.blogspot.com/2021/06/basic-wysiwyg-printing-in-gnu-emacs.html

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Unicode + Image)
@ 2021-07-03 12:47 ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2021-07-03 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi Anand,

I'm interested in printing east-european letters with
ps-print.  I assume your contribution would find more
attention if you followed CONTRIBUTE in emacs top level
directory.  This would involve using the bug tracker and
send a patch with git format-patch as attachment.

Actually there already is a appropriate -- I belive --
bug#41812, which I opened, but I'm no developer and
therefore cannot solve the problem.

Ciao; Gregor
--
 -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-

* Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-07-03; 16:22]:

@ 2021-07-03 22:23 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-07-03 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com> [2021-07-03 13:53]:
> Here is my next iteration on basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs for
> Unicode text. Now you can print Unicode text using TrueType fonts.
>
>    -
>
>    Run M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to printer.
>    -
>
>    Run C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces to send output to file (PS
>    format).
>
> *Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev

And why not isolated library instead of whole Emacs?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Unicode + Image)
@ 2021-07-04  1:02 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2021-07-04  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya; +Cc: emacs-devel

I'm happy to see progress in this area.
Thank you.

* Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Unicode + Image)
@ 2021-07-05  3:58   ` Anand Tamariya
From: Anand Tamariya @ 2021-07-05  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya, emacs-devel

@ 2021-07-05 11:50     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-07-05 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Tamariya; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Anand Tamariya <atamariya@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 09:28:13 +0530
>
>  > *Code:* https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/tree/dev
>
>  And why not isolated library instead of whole Emacs?
>
> Ease of development.

Please note, however, that it makes it much harder for the Emacs
developers to see what did you change, and in general maintain some
dialog with you which could be useful for both sides, and eventually
could cause at least some of your work becoming available as part of
the core or some ELPA package.

Thanks.