* This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  4:38 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-05-30  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The attached init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4. Can somebody
verify this on their mac? So that I can file a bug report. Please not
that I am using one external package also - org-mime. I could not yet
pin-point on which portion of this init is causing the issue. But the
issue does not occur if I disable all three blocks - org-mime, org
customization's and modus-theme.

[~/work/gnu/emacs git→(master *)] ./src/emacs
2021-05-30 09:55:24.928 emacs[25575:2939956] Failed to initialize color list unarchiver: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4864 "*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver _initForReadingFromData:error:throwLegacyExceptions:]: non-keyed archive cannot be decoded by NSKeyedUnarchiver" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver _initForReadingFromData:error:throwLegacyExceptions:]: non-keyed archive cannot be decoded by NSKeyedUnarchiver}
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Abort trap: 6

The “Failed to initialize color” warning is normal. It does not cause a
crash. But after that I get Fatal error and crash.

This is also affected by the way I launch Emacs. If I launch from
current directory, like above (./src/emacs). It crashes. And If I launch
it from PATH (Just "emacs" on CLI), then it sometimes does not crash.

GDB is also not working on my mac because it is not codesigned. So what
is the way to debug this further and get a stack-trace?

[-- Attachment #2: init-err.el --]

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  4:47 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-05-30  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: emacs-devel

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> The attached init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4.

Could this be the same bug as bug#48732?

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  5:04   ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-05-30  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:
>
>> The attached init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4.
>
> Could this be the same bug as bug#48732?

Yes. This could be. Because Naofumi also says that the fonts settings
are corrupted when it doesn’t crash. I observe the same behavior. But I
get the corrupted font only when using modus-operandi theme.

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  5:11     ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-05-30  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

>>> The attached init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4.
>>
>> Could this be the same bug as bug#48732?
>
> Yes. This could be. Because Naofumi also says that the fonts settings
> are corrupted when it doesn’t crash. I observe the same behavior. But I
> get the corrupted font only when using modus-operandi theme.

And this could also be related. bug#48714.

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  8:57     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-05-30  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

> From: Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org>
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 10:34:20 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:
> >
> >> The attached init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4.
> >
> > Could this be the same bug as bug#48732?
>
> Yes. This could be. Because Naofumi also says that the fonts settings
> are corrupted when it doesn’t crash. I observe the same behavior. But I
> get the corrupted font only when using modus-operandi theme.

If you believe it's the same bug, please see if the current master
solves it.

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30  8:57       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-05-30  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

> From: Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org>
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 10:41:05 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> >> Could this be the same bug as bug#48732?
> >
> > Yes. This could be. Because Naofumi also says that the fonts settings
> > are corrupted when it doesn’t crash. I observe the same behavior. But I
> > get the corrupted font only when using modus-operandi theme.
> >

> And this could also be related. bug#48714.

Does it still happen with the current master?

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30 10:04         ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-05-30 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Yes. This could be. Because Naofumi also says that the fonts settings
>> > are corrupted when it doesn’t crash. I observe the same behavior. But I
>> > get the corrupted font only when using modus-operandi theme.
>> >

>> And this could also be related. bug#48714.
>
> Does it still happen with the current master?

Both the issues disappeared for me. Nice. :-)

And I think 48664 is also fixed. This issue was occurring at random. So,
I’ll close this one after using Emacs for 3-4 days.

* Re: This init file is crashing emacs on macos 11.4
@ 2021-05-30 10:22           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-05-30 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

> From: Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org>
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 15:34:36 +0530
> Cc: larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> >> And this could also be related. bug#48714.
> >
> > Does it still happen with the current master?
>
> Both the issues disappeared for me. Nice. :-)

Great, thanks for testing.