* O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY
@ 2010-10-03 14:24 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-10-03 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

There are O_RDONLY and O_WRONLY conditional definitions in a few files.

They should not be needed on any unix platform and w32.
Does MSDOS need them?  If yes, then it would be better if they were
moved to msdos.h and removed from all other places.

* Re: O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY
@ 2010-10-03 18:18 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-10-03 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:24:16 -0400
>
> There are O_RDONLY and O_WRONLY conditional definitions in a few files.
>
> They should not be needed on any unix platform and w32.
> Does MSDOS need them?  If yes, then it would be better if they were
> moved to msdos.h and removed from all other places.

They aren't needed for MSDOS.  The Standard C library used by the
MSDOS build always had these defined on fcntl.h, where they belong.

My guess would be that they are there for some ancient Unix system
that is long gone.