* gnutls_transport_set_lowat
@ 2011-12-29 15:01 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-12-29 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

We use this function in gnutls.c only on Windows.  Latest versions of
GnuTLS removed this, which currently precludes Emacs from working with
GnuTLS 3.x.

From the comments in gnutls.c and also from various Google hits, it
seems that we should simply not call this functions in GnuTLS 3.x, as
the low-water functionality is now disabled by default.  It is easy to
make a change that would do that, but would someone who knows their
ways around GnuTLS please confirm that this is TRT?

* Re: gnutls_transport_set_lowat
@ 2011-12-29 18:49 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-12-29 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:01:06 -0500 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

EZ> We use this function in gnutls.c only on Windows.  Latest versions of
EZ> GnuTLS removed this, which currently precludes Emacs from working with
EZ> GnuTLS 3.x.

EZ> From the comments in gnutls.c and also from various Google hits, it
EZ> seems that we should simply not call this functions in GnuTLS 3.x, as
EZ> the low-water functionality is now disabled by default.  It is easy to
EZ> make a change that would do that, but would someone who knows their
EZ> ways around GnuTLS please confirm that this is TRT?

I believe this would be OK.

Ted

* Re: gnutls_transport_set_lowat
@ 2011-12-29 20:07   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-12-29 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:49:28 -0500
>
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:01:06 -0500 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> EZ> We use this function in gnutls.c only on Windows.  Latest versions of
> EZ> GnuTLS removed this, which currently precludes Emacs from working with
> EZ> GnuTLS 3.x.
>
> EZ> From the comments in gnutls.c and also from various Google hits, it
> EZ> seems that we should simply not call this functions in GnuTLS 3.x, as
> EZ> the low-water functionality is now disabled by default.  It is easy to
> EZ> make a change that would do that, but would someone who knows their
> EZ> ways around GnuTLS please confirm that this is TRT?
>
> I believe this would be OK.

Thanks, I will prepare a change in a few days.