* What are the tests in test/lisp/legacy/?
@ 2016-09-21 17:55 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-09-21 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Does anyone know what are those tests and why are they in the
directory by that name?  Why not in the places they belong to?

TIA

* Re: What are the tests in test/lisp/legacy/?
@ 2016-09-22 12:59 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2016-09-22 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Does anyone know what are those tests and why are they in the
> directory by that name?  Why not in the places they belong to?

That was me. It's even documented in test/file-organisation.org.

When I moved the test files to reflect their source, some could not be
done cleanly and need splitting up. It seemed a mistake to do this at
the same time as move the bulk of the files, so they went where they
are.

Migrating things out of there would be a good thing.

Phil

* Re: What are the tests in test/lisp/legacy/?
@ 2016-09-22 15:16   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-09-22 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:59:17 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know what are those tests and why are they in the
> > directory by that name?  Why not in the places they belong to?
>

> That was me. It's even documented in test/file-organisation.org.

Thanks.

* Re: What are the tests in test/lisp/legacy/?
@ 2016-09-24 10:36   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-09-24 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:59:17 +0100
>
> Migrating things out of there would be a good thing.

Done.

* Re: What are the tests in test/lisp/legacy/?
@ 2016-09-27 16:05     ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2016-09-27 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:59:17 +0100
>>
>> Migrating things out of there would be a good thing.
>
> Done.

Okay. I guess, I should build a dependency mechanism between the C files
and the tests as there is for the lisp files. At the moment, changing
undo.c will not force the tests in test/src/undo-tests.el to rerun.

Phil