* 24.2.90: Confusion in "Top" "nn%" and "Bot".
@ 2012-11-30 21:45 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2012-11-30 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already; is it a feature or a bug?

1. Display an info page (e.g. "Special Input for Incremental Search")
which fits entirely on the screen (if only just).

2. Note that "Top" rather than the expected "All" is displayed.

3. Scroll the text upwards 6 lines.

4. Now, "9%" rather than "Bot" is displayed.

5. Scroll the text repeatedly upwards.  "nn%" continues to be displayed,
despite the fact that the bottom of the buffer is visible.

6. When the last visible line is scrolled off the window, finally, "Bot"
is displayed.

I think either this behaviour or the manual is buggy.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).