* Warnings: Native VS Byte Compiler
@ 2021-05-05 21:45 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2021-05-05 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I notice in the *warnings* buffer after starting with native-comp
enabled:

Warnings that  dont show up when using byte compilation   examples
include constructor functions generated by cl-defstruct for instance.

Would be good to make spurious warnings go away so one can focus on
the real ones; native compilation may well be catching things that are
not always defined at the right time and fixing those may well be
benefitial from a package-author standpoint.

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--Raman
♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: Warnings: Native VS Byte Compiler
@ 2021-05-06  4:55 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-05-06  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Date: Wed,  5 May 2021 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
>
> I notice in the *warnings* buffer after starting with native-comp
> enabled:
>
> Warnings that  dont show up when using byte compilation   examples
> include constructor functions generated by cl-defstruct for instance.

This is a known issue.

> Would be good to make spurious warnings go away so one can focus on
> the real ones; native compilation may well be catching things that are
> not always defined at the right time and fixing those may well be
> benefitial from a package-author standpoint.

They aren't spurious warnings, they are real warnings about real
problems in our Lisp code.  It's just that native compilation catches
more of them.  We should fix all of them.  So please report each such
warning as a bug.