* descr-ext.el complains about itself being newer
@ 2012-06-08 13:52 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-06-08 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Compiling descr-ext.el produces the following nonsensical warning:

  Compiling d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/lisp/descr-text.el...
  Source file `d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/lisp/descr-text.el' newer than byte-compiled file

Is this a bug?  If not, is there a way to turn off such un-useful
noise?

* Re: descr-ext.el complains about itself being newer
@ 2012-06-08 14:03 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-06-08 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:52:13 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> Compiling descr-ext.el produces the following nonsensical warning:
>
>   Compiling d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/lisp/descr-text.el...
>   Source file `d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/lisp/descr-text.el' newer than byte-compiled file

Actually, I see that this happens with every Lisp file that is being
compiled because it was changed since last compilation.  So this is
probably related to the latest changes in the byte compiler.