* Current master d5622eb6ff, font display issue.
@ 2019-08-08  9:52 Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-08-08  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: eliz

I'm using Sarasa Gothic Mono font, which force a CJK character has equivalent
width with 2 latin character. But in commit d5622eb6ff, A table seems to have
misalignment issue.

For example, check this table generated by org in Emacs.

| English | 中文 |   |   |   |
|---------+------+---+---+---|
|         |      |   |   |   |

And I attach two picture, the black backgroud is in Emacs, white one is in
Firefox.

<#part type="image/png" filename="/home/chino/tmp/in-emacs.png" disposition=attachment description="The display in Emacs">
<#/part>
<#part type="image/png" filename="/home/chino/tmp/in-firefox.png" disposition=attachment description="Display in Firefox">
<#/part>

And here is the homepage of Sarasa Gothic: https://github.com/be5invis/Sarasa-Gothic/

* Re: Current master d5622eb6ff, font display issue.
@ 2019-08-08 10:19 ` Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-08-08 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: eliz

Upload picture to picture bed

In Emacs: https://paste.pics/202ba578d10039f14e851bf147d7f714
In Firefox: https://paste.pics/509c8db3a9bcb8220e2e169fa5625657

* Re: Current master d5622eb6ff, font display issue.
@ 2019-08-08 13:44 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-08-08 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhu Zihao; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 17:52:14 +0800
> From: Zhu Zihao <all_but_last@163.com>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org
>
> I'm using Sarasa Gothic Mono font, which force a CJK character has equivalent
> width with 2 latin character. But in commit d5622eb6ff, A table seems to have
> misalignment issue.
>
> For example, check this table generated by org in Emacs.
>
> | English | 中文 |   |   |   |
> |---------+------+---+---+---|
> |         |      |   |   |   |

Are you saying that this used to work OK for you, and now it doesn't?
If so, can you please bisect to find the offending commit?

* Re: Current master d5622eb6ff, font display issue.
@ 2019-08-08 14:30   ` Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2019-08-08 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Zhu Zihao, emacs-devel

On Thu, 08 Aug 2019 21:44:30 +0800,
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 17:52:14 +0800
> > From: Zhu Zihao <all_but_last@163.com>
> > Cc: eliz@gnu.org
> >
> > I'm using Sarasa Gothic Mono font, which force a CJK character has equivalent
> > width with 2 latin character. But in commit d5622eb6ff, A table seems to have
> > misalignment issue.
> >
> > For example, check this table generated by org in Emacs.
> >
> > | English | 中文 |   |   |   |
> > |---------+------+---+---+---|
> > |         |      |   |   |   |

> Are you saying that this used to work OK for you, and now it doesn't?
> If so, can you please bisect to find the offending commit?

I'm sure that Emacs 26.2 didn't have this issue, I'll try to find which commit
introduced the issue, but it may take some time.

* Re: Current master d5622eb6ff, font display issue.
@ 2019-08-08 17:10     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-08-08 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhu Zihao; +Cc: all_but_last, emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 22:30:56 +0800
> From: Zhu Zihao <all_but_last@163.com>
> Cc: Zhu Zihao <all_but_last@163.com>,
> 	emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > > | English | 中文 |   |   |   |
> >
> > Are you saying that this used to work OK for you, and now it doesn't?
> > If so, can you please bisect to find the offending commit?
> >

> I'm sure that Emacs 26.2 didn't have this issue, I'll try to find which commit
> introduced the issue, but it may take some time.

In that case, it could be because we now use the HarfBuzz shaping
engine by default.  Could you try using the Git master version with an
other font backend (via the 'font-backend' frame parameter), or
building the Git master version configured --with-harfbuzz=no?