* No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-17 19:32 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-02-17 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I can't see a tag for the pretest (which seems to correspond to the
emacs-24 branch from ~ 2 weeks ago).

Can I also take this opportunity to again ask people to look at the
issues listed on http://debbugs.gnu.org/19758; and to do their own
review for bugs reported since 24.4 that might need to be added to that
list. (I just did a search for reports with 24.4 in the subject.)

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-17 19:51 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-02-17 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rgm; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue Feb 17 20:32:00 2015 GMT+0100, Glenn Morris wrote:

> I can't see a tag for the pretest (which seems to correspond to the
> emacs-24 branch from ~ 2 weeks ago).

My bad, I probably missed this step. I will do it ASAP.

Nico

@ 2015-02-18  7:48   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-02-18  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs-devel

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> On Tue Feb 17 20:32:00 2015 GMT+0100, Glenn Morris wrote:
>>
>> I can't see a tag for the pretest (which seems to correspond to the
>> emacs-24 branch from ~ 2 weeks ago).
>
> My bad, I probably missed this step. I will do it ASAP.

No harm done. I think make-tarball.txt might be missing a "git push"
after the tag? (Was not needed with bzr bound branches, and I think the
instructions just got s/bzr/git.)

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-18  9:07     ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-02-18  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Nicolas Petton, emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

>>> I can't see a tag for the pretest (which seems to correspond to the
>>> emacs-24 branch from ~ 2 weeks ago).
>>
>> My bad, I probably missed this step. I will do it ASAP.

Done.

> No harm done. I think make-tarball.txt might be missing a "git push"
> after the tag? (Was not needed with bzr bound branches, and I think the
> instructions just got s/bzr/git.)

Maybe, I'll have a look and fix it if necessary.

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-18  9:08     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2015-02-18  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Nicolas Petton, emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>
>> On Tue Feb 17 20:32:00 2015 GMT+0100, Glenn Morris wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't see a tag for the pretest (which seems to correspond to the
>>> emacs-24 branch from ~ 2 weeks ago).
>>
>> My bad, I probably missed this step. I will do it ASAP.
>
> No harm done. I think make-tarball.txt might be missing a "git push"
> after the tag?

This is fixed in master.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-18 15:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-02-18 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:32:00 -0500
>
> Can I also take this opportunity to again ask people to look at the
> issues listed on http://debbugs.gnu.org/19758; and to do their own
> review for bugs reported since 24.4 that might need to be added to that
> list. (I just did a search for reports with 24.4 in the subject.)

It's too late for 19545 to be fixed in 24.5, so I removed it from the
blocking list.

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-18 16:59   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-02-18 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> It's too late for 19545 to be fixed in 24.5, so I removed it from the
> blocking list.

The change is simple and has been tested on trunk for ages. Seems a
shame no-one could be bothered to backport it.
I doubt there will be a 24.6, so you might as well just close that bug
AFAICS.

* Re: No tag for 24.4.90 pretest
@ 2015-02-18 17:44     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-02-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:59:38 -0500
>
> I doubt there will be a 24.6, so you might as well just close that bug
> AFAICS.

I will backport once 24.5 is released.  I'm not as optimistic as you
are regarding 24.6, let's first see how many bugs will be reported for
24.5.