* Emacs 24.3 crashes during startup (win32), but bug report broken?
@ 2013-04-11 14:36 Isaac
From: Isaac @ 2013-04-11 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

Emacs 24.3 runs quite well until this morning it crashed while
booting up, giving a message of "fatal error ... would you like
to submit bug etc". I tried to maximize the screen during the
startup of emacs (while loading dot files) - at exact that moment
it crashed.

But after I clicked yes, Emacs simplily exited, though I was
waiting for the submit bug dialogure to come up, but nothing come
up.

Is this behavior of bug-report expected?

Best regards,
Isaac

* Re: Emacs 24.3 crashes during startup (win32), but bug report broken?
@ 2013-04-11 15:28 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-04-11 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Isaac; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Isaac <isaacpei@a1make.com>
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:36:29 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Emacs 24.3 runs quite well until this morning it crashed while
> booting up, giving a message of "fatal error ... would you like
> to submit bug etc". I tried to maximize the screen during the
> startup of emacs (while loading dot files) - at exact that moment
> it crashed.
>
> But after I clicked yes, Emacs simplily exited, though I was
> waiting for the submit bug dialogure to come up, but nothing come
> up.
>
> Is this behavior of bug-report expected?

It's a Windows thing, so I don't really know.  The best way to report
something meaningful about such a crash is to attach a debugger to
Emacs _before_ clicking YES, then you could investigate a bit with the
debugger.

Or, if the crash is reproducible, post the way to reproduce it (as
part of a bug report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org).

Thanks.