* How to turn on i-search with character folding
@ 2016-01-08 19:06 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2016-01-08 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development List

Hi,

The development version had character folding for i-search. As I
searched from time to time french text I thought the feature was handy.

Now it's turned off.

It is not mentioned in the emacs info on the i-search section.

Looking at the code I have to type M-s ' to turn it on which is a bit
awkward. Did we run out of one key shortcuts?

More importantly, is there a setting to turn it on by default?

Ivan

--
Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it.
    -- Mark Twain

* Re: How to turn on i-search with character folding
@ 2016-01-08 19:17 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-08 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Ivan Kanis <ivan@kanis.fr>
> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 20:06:39 +0100
>
> The development version had character folding for i-search. As I
> searched from time to time french text I thought the feature was handy.
>
> Now it's turned off.

How do you see it's turned off.  It shouldn't be, and it isn't for me.

> Looking at the code I have to type M-s ' to turn it on which is a bit
> awkward.

When I type "M-x '" during Isearch, it says that it switches to a
literal search.  Which means the default is with character folding.

> More importantly, is there a setting to turn it on by default?

It's in the manual: customize the value of search-default-regexp-mode.
But for me, the default value still turns on character-folding, so I
wonder how come it doesn't for you.

* Re: How to turn on i-search with character folding
@ 2016-01-09 14:22   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2016-01-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

January, 08 at 21:17 Eli wrote:

>> From: Ivan Kanis <ivan@kanis.fr>
>>
>> Now it's turned off.
>
> How do you see it's turned off.  It shouldn't be, and it isn't for me.

Hi Eli,

I just pulled with master. It's working and documented. Sorry for
the noise.

Ivan

--
I know heaps of quotations, so I can always make quite a fair show of
knowledge.

* Re: How to turn on i-search with character folding
@ 2016-01-09 16:16     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Ivan Kanis <ivan@kanis.fr>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 15:22:11 +0100
>
> > How do you see it's turned off.  It shouldn't be, and it isn't for me.
> >

> Hi Eli,
>
> I just pulled with master. It's working and documented. Sorry for
> the noise.

OK, thanks for testing.