* ELPA: New greenbar package
@ 2020-10-19  3:05 Michael Mauger
From: Michael Mauger @ 2020-10-19  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel\@gnu.org

I have added a new package to ELPA that provides subtle zebra striping or green bars to comint output. It is a minor mode for use in `comint' derived buffers.

I have been using a version of this for many years and find it very useful in tracking output from shells and SQL command line tools with `truncate-lines' enabled when scrolling left and right.

--
MICHAEL@MAUGER.COM // FSF and EFF member // GNU Emacs sql.el maintainer

* Re: ELPA: New greenbar package
@ 2020-10-19  5:46 ` Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2020-10-19  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Mauger; +Cc: emacs-devel\@gnu.org

> On Oct 18, 2020, at 11:05 PM, Michael Mauger <mmauger@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have added a new package to ELPA that provides subtle zebra striping or green bars to comint output. It is a minor mode for use in `comint' derived buffers.
>
> I have been using a version of this for many years and find it very useful in tracking output from shells and SQL command line tools with `truncate-lines' enabled when scrolling left and right.
>
> --
> MICHAEL@MAUGER.COM // FSF and EFF member // GNU Emacs sql.el maintainer

That sounds useful, what’s the name of the package?

Yuan

* Re: ELPA: New greenbar package
@ 2020-10-20 15:01   ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2020-10-20 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuan Fu, Michael Mauger; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Yuan, Michael,
* Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> [2020-10-19; 01:46]:
>> On Oct 18, 2020, at 11:05 PM, Michael Mauger <mmauger@protonmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have added a new package to ELPA that provides subtle
>> zebra striping or green bars to comint output. It is a
>> minor mode for use in `comint' derived buffers.

@Michael: Is it possible to widen its audience to more modes,
than just comit derived ones?  Why not for every mode or
single buffer a user want's zebra stripes for?  I would be
interested in zebra stripes sometimes say for instance for
log files, emails etc.

>> I have been using a version of this for many years and
>> find it very useful in tracking output from shells and
>> SQL command line tools with `truncate-lines' enabled when
>> scrolling left and right.

> That sounds useful, what’s the name of the package?

@Yuan: The package is named "greenbar".

Ciao; Gregor