* Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-24 15:10 Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2021-08-24 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Lars Ingebrigtsen's project to close 10 % of all bugs has now been
repeated 10 times.  As Lars points out, "we’re down about 45% [in
around two years], from about 4400 bugs to 2690 bugs".  I think this
effort is worth highlighting and congratulating.

Lars has an interesting write-up here with statistics and graphs:

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2021/08/14/10x10/

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-24 16:29 ` Eli Zaretskii
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-08-24 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 17:10:40 +0200
>
> Lars Ingebrigtsen's project to close 10 % of all bugs has now been
> repeated 10 times.  As Lars points out, "we’re down about 45% [in
> around two years], from about 4400 bugs to 2690 bugs".  I think this
> effort is worth highlighting and congratulating.

Yes, many thanks to Lars for all the hard work.

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-24 18:52 ` Andrea Corallo via Emacs development discussions.
From: Andrea Corallo via Emacs development discussions. @ 2021-08-24 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: Emacs developers

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen's project to close 10 % of all bugs has now been
> repeated 10 times.  As Lars points out, "we’re down about 45% [in
> around two years], from about 4400 bugs to 2690 bugs".  I think this
> effort is worth highlighting and congratulating.
>
> Lars has an interesting write-up here with statistics and graphs:
>
> https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2021/08/14/10x10/

Just thanks Lars!

  Andrea

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-24 19:32   ` Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2021-08-24 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Corallo via Emacs development discussions.
  Cc: Stefan Kangas, Andrea Corallo

<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:
>
>> Lars Ingebrigtsen's project to close 10 % of all bugs has now been
>> repeated 10 times.  As Lars points out, "we’re down about 45% [in
>> around two years], from about 4400 bugs to 2690 bugs".  I think this
>> effort is worth highlighting and congratulating.
>>
>> Lars has an interesting write-up here with statistics and graphs:
>>
>> https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2021/08/14/10x10/
>
> Just thanks Lars!
>
>   Andrea
Indeed.
Thanks!

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-24 20:16 ` Jim Porter
From: Jim Porter @ 2021-08-24 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas, Emacs developers

On 8/24/2021 8:10 AM, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Lars Ingebrigtsen's project to close 10 % of all bugs has now been
> repeated 10 times.  As Lars points out, "we’re down about 45% [in
> around two years], from about 4400 bugs to 2690 bugs".  I think this
> effort is worth highlighting and congratulating.

Related to this, I'd like to highlight Lars's efforts to make sure that
new patches get feedback promptly. As a relatively new contributor to
Emacs, this has been a big encouragement for me to *keep* contributing,
since I can be reasonably confident that any patch I submit will get
reviewed and (hopefully) merged.

More generally, as someone who was slightly intimidated by the mailing
list workflow, it turns out that as a contributor, there's really not
much difference. For anyone thinking about contributing: don't worry,
it's not that bad!

- Jim

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
@ 2021-08-25  3:44   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2021-08-25  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Lars, I appreciate your work on Emacs very much.

* Re: Nearly half as many open bugs in 2 years
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-08-25 10:08 ` Gregory Heytings
From: Gregory Heytings @ 2021-08-25 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: Emacs developers